Set it and forget it with this super simple slow cooker twist on classic pulled pork. You’ll love the mango jalapeño sauce that tenderizes the pork for the most delicious tasting dinner! A crowd pleaser and one the whole family will enjoy! Paleo and Whole30 approved.
Oh hey guys…..Just interrupting your weekend with some TACO goodness! Taco Saturday anyone? I can taco any day of the week really, and as you may know, I am always looking for new and fun taco recipes to share with you all. And, I can absolutely promise, this Mango Jalapeño Pulled Pork will not disappoint! It was absolutely perfect on top of my Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice with all of my favorite toppings. My kids and husband enjoyed with tortillas for a true taco night. AND…..Plenty of leftovers!!
Soooooo…… I am currently in the middle of a kitchen renovation.
While I am absolutely crazy excited about my new kitchen, I am super NOT crazy about the absolute chaos that has become my kitchen. No gas and no water are leaving me with limited options! Slow Cooker meals have been my “go-to”, and this was the first meal I made under this current situation……..
It did not disappoint! I’ve been wanting to make a pork taco recipe, but I added a warm weather twist that goes along with my current mood. I used the juice of an entire many, and a de-seeded jalapeño. It should be noted that these tacos ARE NOT spicy!! I do love spicy food, but to make my kids happy, I took out any ounce of spice. If you want to make them spicier, you can easily keep the seeds in, and maybe add 2 peppers instead of 1.
I also used a pork tenderloin in this dish, and let me just tell you, it makes the most tender pulled pork. EVER. I have always used a pork shoulder, but definitely sticking with this variation from here on!
This makes a perfect meal to serve a crowd, or if you need a dinner to last a few days. I also love to use my slow cooker in the warmer months so I can avoid creating any extra heat in the kitchen with the stove or oven. This will be a new delicious recipe for our rotation!
Slow Cooker Mango Jalapeño Pulled Pork Taco Bowls
For the Pork:
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 mango
- 1 jalapeno chopped and de-seeded
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
For the Cauliflower Rice:
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ large onion chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- For the pork:
- Begin by mixing together chili powder, cumin, and salt in a small bowl. Rub all sides of your pork with this rub. Set inside your slow cooker.
- To make the sauce: Cut up your mango and remove the seed. Place chunks inside a food processor or blender, add jalapeño, lime juice, vinegar, coconut aminos or soy sauce, cilantro, and garlic. Pulse, while motor is running add in avocado or olive oil. This should create a nice blended sauce. Pour on top of your pork and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until it can be easily pulled apart.
- For the Cauliflower Rice:
- Rice your cauliflower: chop your head of cauliflower into florets, place inside food processor and pulse until cauliflower has a rice texture.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add oil, and saute onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant. Add cauliflower rice and continue to saute.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce: Add cilantro, vinegar, garlic, lime, cumin, and salt to your food processor or blender. While motor is running, add remaining oil. Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce on top of cauliflower rice, and continue to mix until dressing is completely incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Place pork on top of rice, add your favorite toppings: chopped red onion, sliced avocado, fresh cilantro, chopped tomatoes, and a squeeze of lime.